root canal treatment
Root canal treatment is the removal of the tooth’s pulp, a small thread like tissue in the centre of the tooth.
It is advised by Dental Surgeons when the tooth is totally decayed or infected. Years ago teeth with diseased or injured pulps were removed. Root canal treatment preserves a tooth and saves many teeth that would otherwise be lost.
Indications for root canal-
1. Cracked tooth
2. Deep cavity
3. Injury to a tooth
Steps in a Root Canal Treatment
1. Diagnosis by clinical examination and x-ray
2. Opening the root canal under local anesthesia.
3. Diseased pulp is removed, canals are cleaned and shaped.
4. Canals are then filled permanently with a tapered rubbery material called guttapercha and sealed.
5. Placing a crown on the tooth to prevent fracture.
A properly done root canal with a cap can last for a lifetime. This procedure is painless as it is done under local anesthesia.
At signature smiles we have highly experienced Endontists (Root canal specialists) who can perform the procedure in a single sitting.
We have latest technology like rotary system for this treatment providing our patients with best quality at an affordable cost.